WEBINAR—Highway Safety and Survival: 6 Essential Steps for First Responders
Everywhere | March 28, 2017 | Other Training Opportunities
Each year, hundreds of emergency responders die or are seriously hurt while operating at incidents on highways. These deaths and injuries affect firefighters, law enforcement officers and EMS personnel—and they are often preventable. While we can’t change the fact that many drivers are distracted and driving too fast, we can change how we operate to increase our chances of survival.
Join Lexipol and ResponderSafety.com to explore why first responders get hurt and killed while operating at highway incidents, and will provide practical strategies law enforcement officers and firefighters can use to mitigate the dangers. You’ll learn:
- Root causes of first responder injuries that occur while operating at highway incidents
- Command disputes/communication issues that sometimes take place at the scene and how to avoid them.
- Importance of high-visibility PPE and related policy
- Basics of advance warning signs and devices
- Basics of blocking procedures
Presented by Steve Austin, Capt. Tom Martin, Jack Sullivan and Deputy Chief Billy Goldfeder
Tuesday, March 28, 1 pm ET/10 am PT
PAST WEBINARS: http://www.lexipol.com/webinars/
Previous Activity: Media Relations Training