VACLEA has two awards that may be presented annually based on a vote of the VACLEA Executive Board.
Each nomination must be submitted by a current, regular voting member of VACLEA. The VACLEA Executive Board will review all nominations and select a winner based on the information provided. The committee is solely responsible for the selection of the winners.
The winner will be recognized at the VACLEA Summer Training Conference Annual Banquet.
Robert C. Dillard Outstanding Contribution to Campus Law Enforcement Award
Awarded for outstanding contribution to campus law enforcement
- Significant sustained contribution and advancement of campus law enforcement or security practices.
- Innovation in the development or enhancement of campus law enforcement and security.
VACLEA Outstanding Achievement Award
Formerly, “It’s What We Do” Award
- Outstanding contribution towards advancement of campus law enforcement and/or security practices.
- Serves as an example for campus law enforcement and/or security directors
- Innovation and collaboration to make candidate’s campus a safer place to live and learn.