Stafford Sheriff's Office Joins Ring's Neighbors App
Stafford, VA. — The Stafford County Sheriff's Office announced today that it is joining the Neighbors app by Ring to provide the community with real-time, local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already consists of millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can text “staffordco” to 555888 from their smartphone to download the Neighbors app for free on iOS and Android. Through the app, residents can share crime and safety related videos, photos, and text-based posts as well as receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, law enforcement, and the Ring team.
“The Neighbors app will provide the Stafford Sheriff's Office with yet another tool for real-time communication with residents about crime and safety,” said Stafford Sheriff David P. Decatur. “We hope that residents will actively participate in the app as we work together to keep the community safe.”
Contact Law Enforcement Liaison Brad Wentlandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-940-1676.
For more information on how the Neighbors app by Ring enables community members and law enforcement to work together in order to reduce crime, see this article.
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said, “We're excited to have the Stafford Sheriff's Office join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the Stafford community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works:
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: https://download.ring.com/staffordcounty or by texting “staffordco” to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring's home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
PIO Contact: Amanda Vicinanzo