Be sure to apply for positions as directed under "HOW TO APPLY"
in the Position Information box, and not simply by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" link on the right-hand side. Nearly every job advertised on the VACP Jobs Board requires that you use the hiring agency's own unique application process and they will not
consider information submitted through the "Apply for this Position" email form as an official application.
Police Patrol Officer
CBN / Regent Campus Police Department - Virginia Beach, VA
Police Patrol Officers
perform general and specialized law enforcement work, which includes safeguarding the life, safety, and security of the CBN/Regent campus community through the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated program of safety and law enforcement services in partnership with the community and along with local, state, and Public Safety agencies.
CBN is a leader in Christian television, producing network-quality programming and providing humanitarian relief efforts around the world. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, CBN offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with CBN’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.cbn.com
. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
Police Patrol Officer
||Regent University/The Christian Broadcasting Network
||Virginia Beach, VA
|Posting Start Date:
||The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working as an armed security or Police Patrol Officer preferred
- Ability to become a DCJS Certified Armed Security Officer and Sworn Police Officer
- Ability to respond, review, record, and investigate all incidents to determine any violations of law
- Ability to be qualified in the use of small firearms, patrol rifle, and shotgun
- Ability to be qualified in less lethal options such as: OC Spray, ASP baton, and a conducted electrical weapon (TASER)
- Ability to lead in emergency situations
- Ability to function at highest level of confidentiality, discretion, discernment and tact.
- Excellent communication/public relations skills
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be a quick thinker
- Ability to interact with the public and outside contacts with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to speak clearly, hear, analyze, and react quickly to high-stress situations
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete basic Communications Center training
- Ability to retain critical identifying information relating to wanted persons
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, RMS, CAD, and other departmental software
- Submit to pre-employment drug screening and random urinalysis as directed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, pursue and apprehend suspects on foot, as well as sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work rotating shifts and holidays
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent administrative working experience preferred
The Regent Police Patrol Officer selection process is a multi-tiered process. The selection process may include the following components: *Department Ride-Along *Written Test *Physical Ability Test *Background Investigation *Panel Interview *Health Physical *Psychological exam provided at CBN’s expense. Successful candidates must meet the Commonwealth of Virginia’s criteria for the issuance of a concealed handgun permit.
Employees must be able to work rotating shifts (days/evenings/midnights) including weekends and holidays and be available to work overtime when required to meet operational needs. This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug testing.
||This listing expires on: 10/19/2019