NOW HIRING FOR THE
JANUARY 2023 POLICE ACADEMY
We are now accepting applications for Police Officer. Existing law enforcement certification is not needed to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2022
$47,175 or higher depending on qualifications
About James City County Police Department
(JCCPD), located in the Greater Williamsburg (VA) area, is proudly accredited through the Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission. It has more than 100 sworn law enforcement officers. Every patrol officer is assigned a vehicle and is outfitted with uniforms and equipment, to include: RADAR, Alco-sensor, flashlight, TASER, Glock 9mm handgun, body-worn camera, in-car camera, mobile computer, and an electronic summons system.
JCCPD offers a number of opportunities for career development, specialized assignments, and training including: general investigations, narcotics investigations, traffic safety and enforcement, community services & crime prevention, school resource officer program, and uniform patrol. JCCPD also has a number of specialized teams, to include: Honor Guard, SWAT, Bike Patrol, Marine Patrol, Underwater Search & Recovery Team, Crisis Negotiations Team, Motors, and Tactical Field Force.
, including a take-home car program, life, health & dental insurance, retirement plan, tuition assistance and more. Click here
for a full list.
||James City County Police Department
||$47,175 or higher depending on qualifications
|Posting Start Date:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21-years-old (by completion of field training)
- Must meet all qualifications listed in Code of Virginia 15.2-1705,
- Must have a high school education or GED (some college preferred)
- Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria
- Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty or no contest to:
- any felony
- any offense involving moral turpitude
- any misdemeanor sex offense
- domestic assault
- Must not have any automatic disqualifiers
- Must not have produced a positive result on a pre-employment drug screening.
- If conditionally accepted for a position, undergo:
- a thorough background investigation including fingerprint-based criminal history records inquiries to both the CCRE and FBI
- a polygraph examination, psychological screening, and fitness assessment
- a physical examination and drug test
Job Description: Click here
to view the full job description
- If you've previously applied for a position at James City County, be sure to review and update your profile (application) to ensure that all newly required information is included and is up-to-date.
- Applying is a two-step process. (If you create a profile/application, but do not submit it for the position, your application will not be received or processed.)
- Create your profile (application) being sure to complete all tabs and/or fields within each section, then
- Find and click on the "Police Officer" listing in the "Jobs" section of the Career Center, follow the prompts, answer the standard & special questions, and apply for the position.
- CLICK HERE for a step-by-step tutorial for creating a profile and submitting your application for the position.
- Click on the following link to go to the JCC Career Center to create your profile and apply.
- Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 28, 2022
Steps of Application / Hiring Process:
- Application screening
- VCIN/NCIC criminal history and DMV driving record checks
- Panel interview for selected applicants
- Background investigation, to include: personal history questionnaire, polygraph examination, local and national criminal history checks, sexual offender check, and checks on credit history, neighborhood, character references, and employment
- Post-offer checks, to include: fitness assessment, personality profile assessment, physical/medical examination with drug test
- Candidates must agree not to use tobacco in any form both on and off the job
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
to read more information about the process.
Questions about the Department and the recruitment process may be directed to Lt. Jeff Hicklin by email
or by calling 757-259-5169. Questions about filling out an application may be directed to HR by email
or by calling 757-253-6680.
State Accredited Agency (VLEPSC)
||This listing expires on: 8/29/2022