Be sure to apply for positions as directed under "HOW TO APPLY"
in the Position Information box, and not simply by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" link on the right-hand side. Nearly every job advertised on the VACP Jobs Board requires that you use the hiring agency's own unique application process and they will not
consider information submitted through the "Apply for this Position" email form as an official application.
Police Officer is responsible for the efficient performance of required duties conforming to the oral and written administrative guidance as directed by the Chief of Police. Duties shall consist of, but not limited to, general police responsibilities necessary to the safety and good order of the community. The police officer must apply community oriented policing goals daily and shall thereby strive to identify problems and suggest strategies to combat problems, fully enlisting the support of citizens, other officers, and government agencies.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Detect crime, identify and apprehend offenders, and participate in subsequent court proceedings.
- Promote and preserve the peace.
- Provide emergency services.
- Exercise authority consistent with the obligations imposed by the oath of office.
- Prepares detailed reports.
- Testifies in court.
- Accountable for proper collection, transportation and securing evidence and property.
- Patrols assigned area for general purposes of crime prevention and law enforcement.
- Responds to radio dispatches and answers calls and complaints.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including mandatory overtime as a result of unforeseen circumstances and coverage requirements.
Compensation may be start higher based on current Virginia law enforcement certification, education, experience, and shift differential.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit www.wintergreenpolice.org
to complete an application.
||Wintergreen Police Department
|Posting Start Date:
||Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Possess a valid Virginia driver's license.
- Be at least twenty-one years of age upon date of hire.
- Valid Basic Law Enforcement Certification through the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services preferred.
- Other Law Enforcement service desired.
- Be drug free with no criminal record.
- Pass a physical examination by a medical doctor.
||This listing expires on: 8/21/2019