ECC Executive Director
ABOUT THE EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
The Emergency Communications Center (ECC) provides all emergency communications services for Albemarle County, the City of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia. The ECC receives all 9-1-1 calls in the area and serves as the central dispatch for the three local police departments, three rescue squads and fire calls. The ECC is a nationally recognized
center, having earned CALEA Accreditation as well as being designated as an APCO National Certified Training Program and Virginia Accredited Emergency Medical Dispatch Communications Center.
POSITION PROFILE: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Under the supervision of the Management Board, the Executive Director is responsible for establishing and communicating the vision for the ECC and providing overall daily management and administration of both the Emergency Communications Center and the Office of Emergency Management. In addition to implementing work and operational policies, the Executive Director is in charge of hiring, training, supervising and motivating personnel; preparing and monitoring the budget, and ensuring efficiency of operations.
The Executive Director is responsible or overseeing daily operations of the ECC and reports directly to, and serves at the pleasure of, the Management Board.
- Planning, directing, managing and monitoring the acquisition, design, operation and enhancement of public safety technology systems supporting the emergency communications center
- Analyzing operating procedures and user response issues to establish protocols in conjunction with providers
- Representing the Center at appropriate meetings with boards, agencies and commissions and maintaining appropriate contacts with the public and the media on the use of the emergency communications system
- Maintaining active and engaged relationships with all participants, emergency service providers and other State and local agencies and departments relative to the operation of the ECC
- Establishing, growing and nurturing working relationships with the County, City and University departments receiving services from the ECC
- Ensuring the operational readiness of the Center’s technology, telecommunications computer aided dispatch system and radio equipment and tower sites
- Overseeing the Office of Emergency Management and serving as the Emergency Management Coordinator when necessary
VIEW THE FULL POSITION PROFILE at
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Submittal of cover letter, résumé and County application is required. All applications will be processed through Albemarle County’s online application system at www.albemarle.org/jobs
. Please be advised that faxed and mailed applications will not be considered.