PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO APPLYING.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY ATTACHMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE AGENCY PORTAL WILL BE PROCESSED:
General Description:This is a sworn position. The incumbent performs responsible protective service and human support work in providing security in the court rooms.
Organization:The Court Bailiff position is part of Hanover County's Career Development Plan (CD). The Court Bailiff has five (5) levels ranging from Court Bailiff to Court Bailiff – Career. The Court Bailiff reports to the Lieutenant-Court Services or Sergeant-Court Services and supervises no staff.
• Ensures the security and order of courtrooms prior to and during court
• Transports and supervises the movement of prisoners to and from court
and secures in holding cells.
• Transports prisoners to other jails and institutions.
• Removes unruly individuals from the courtroom.
• Searches courtroom for contraband and inmates for unauthorized
possession prior to court appearances.
• Responds and carries out all orders of the Judge.
• Serves summons, notices, warrants and capias.
• Each sworn officer in the Hanover County Sheriff's Office must maintain
the ability to perform the essential job functions of a sworn law
enforcement officer as described under the "Deputy Sheriff – Patrol" job
description, regardless of their current assignment.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• Interaction with people during stressful and dangerous situations
C. Physical Effort
• Must be able to maintain physical agility and endurance at all times