Be sure to apply for positions as directed under "HOW TO APPLY"
in the Position Information box, and not simply by clicking on the "Apply for this Position" link on the right-hand side. Nearly every job advertised on the VACP Jobs Board requires that you use the hiring agency's own unique application process and they will not
consider information submitted through the "Apply for this Position" email form as an official application.
Other duties as assigned
- If you are the type of person who thrives in challenging environments, you are just the kind of person we are looking for. This is a great opportunity for recently retired officer or officers who are seeking a new challenge. If you are looking for a change and enjoy a slower pace come check us out.
- Duties include the following:
- Ensure a prompt response and a proper disposition to all calls for service.
- Prepare quality reports when appropriate.
- Ensure that crimes are properly investigated and that evidence is properly gathered, reported, and preserved.
- Promote the general safety of persons, property, and equipment through a proper balance of vehicle, foot and bicycle patrol.
- Facilitate the safe and smooth flow of traffic by directing traffic and enforcing traffic laws through citations and verbal warnings.
- Keep the University community informed through appropriate public relations activities.
- Develop a relationship of trust by becoming personally acquainted with members of the campus community.
- Use investigative skills to assist in investigations as directed by supervisor.
- Provide direct support to the chief and other supervisors by completing special assignments and projects.
- Keep the chief informed of any issues sensitive to the department or the university.
- Foster good interdepartmental relations by cooperating with other law enforcement agencies in information exchange.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of laws applicable to current duties, department policies and procedures, University regulations, and police operations. Maintain physical readiness.
- Maintain other certifications in areas needed for patrol work.
- Work 12 hr shifts that include weekends, nights and holidays with every other weekend off. NON VRS position
||Virginia Union University
|Posting Start Date:
- Must Posses an active Virginia Law Enforcement Officer DCJS certification
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have skill to handle firearms and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- A valid Virginia driver’s license with a positive points balance is required, if applicants are from out of state the ability to get a Virginia license by the start date of the position is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate responsive, approachable, and courteous engagement with the community. The ability to maintain a calm, balanced perspective, and successfully complete duties in a stressful situation is essential, as is the ability to analyze situations and use good judgment.
- Strong oral and written communications, including writing accurate reports, testifying in court, and interacting with a diverse community is required.
- Please submit your resume or questions to RECottrell@vuu.edu
||This listing expires on: 9/8/2021