The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· 1 – 3 years’ experience working as an armed security or Police Patrol Officer preferred
· Ability to become a DCJS Certified Armed Security Officer and Sworn Police Officer
· Ability to respond, review, record, and investigate all incidents to determine any violations of law
· Ability to be qualified in the use of small firearms, patrol rifle, and shotgun
· Ability to be qualified in less lethal options such as: OC Spray, ASP baton, and a conducted electrical weapon (TASER)
· Ability to lead in emergency situations, possessing excellent problem-solving skills and be a quick thinker
· Ability to function at highest level of confidentiality, discretion, discernment and tact.
· Excellent communication/public relations skills
· Ability to interact with the public and outside contacts with tact and diplomacy
· Ability to speak clearly, hear, analyze, and react quickly to high-stress situations
· Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to complete basic Communications Center training
· Ability to retain critical identifying information relating to wanted persons
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, RMS, CAD, and other departmental software
· Submit to pre-employment drug screening and random urinalysis as directed
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, pursue and apprehend suspects on foot, as well as sit for extended periods of time
· Ability to work rotating shifts and holidays
· Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
· Associate’s Degree or equivalent administrative working experience preferred
The Regent Police Patrol Officer selection process is a multi-tiered process. The selection process may include the following components: *Department Ride-Along *Written Test *Physical Ability Test *Background Investigation *Panel Interview *Health Physical *Psychological exam provided at CBN’s expense. Successful candidates must meet the Commonwealth of Virginia’s criteria for the issuance of a concealed handgun permit.
Employees must be able to work rotating shifts (days/evenings/midnights) including weekends and holidays and be available to work overtime when required to meet operational needs. This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug testing.