Certified Law Enforcement Officer
Email Resume and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications on website - www.manassasparkpolice.com
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to calls for police service and responds to crimes, domestic disputes, disturbances, disputes among neighbors, juveniles, or other incidents; apprehends law breakers as necessary; conducts follow-up investigations of crimes and other incidents, conducts surveillance of areas for suspected or potential criminal activity.
- Conducts routine patrols in residential and business areas; maintains contact with businesses and residents to establish good relations.
- Provides information and/or assistance to the public, informing citizens of services in the community, or providing referrals to other city, county, or state agencies.
- Maintains the peace and safety of the community by quelling public disturbances and maintaining order at group functions.
- Provides for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians within the community, investigates traffic accidents, enforces traffic violations, promotes vehicular and pedestrian safety, reports unsafe road conditions, and conducts DUI or other investigations.
- Issues civil or legal documents such as traffic citations; prepares written reports, forms, and other documents as required; may testifies in civil and criminal court proceedings or give depositions.
- Provides specialized police service when trained and assigned such as K-9, Bicycle Patrol, Motorcycle Patrol, or other.
- May perform administrative or specialized functions when trained and assigned such as administrative support services, property and evidence, field and firearms training, public information, athletics, or other.
Certified Law Enforcement Officer
||City of Manassas Park Police
||Manassas Park, VA
||up to $60,000
|Posting Start Date:
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Coordinates or determines time, place, or sequence of operations or activities based on analysis of data and possibly executes determinations or reports on events.
- Persuades or influences others in favor of a service, course of action, or point of view.
- Requires some responsibility for achieving minor economies and/or preventing minor losses through the handling of or accounting for materials, supplies, or small amounts of money.
- Uses addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; may compute ratios, rates, and percent’s.
- Reads technical instructions, charts, and/or procedures manuals; composes routine reports and completes job forms; speaks compound sentences using standard grammar.
- Performs supervisory work involving policy and guidelines, solving both people and work related problems; requires continuous, close attention for accurate results and frequent exposure to unusual pressure.
- Makes decisions with very serious impact - affects entire organization and the general public; probability of loss of life and/or damage is very likely.
- Handles law enforcement equipment and office equipment involving moderate latitude for judgment regarding attainment of standard or in selecting appropriate items.
- Requires considerable responsibility for the first-line supervision of the provision of continuous enforcement of the laws and standards of public health and safety.
Minimum Education and Training
- High school diploma or GED, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Special skills or equipment certification will be required.
- Requires three months of related experience.
MUST COMPLETE APPLICATION LOCATED AT BELOW LINK. You can email to email@example.com, mail to department or dropoff.
||This listing expires on: 9/3/2022