Chief of Police
Chief of Police, Town of Quantico
Part-time Chief of Police, 20 hours per week.
$35 per hour.
This is a part-time position and therefore no benefits or paid time off are offered at this time.
The Town of Quantico is looking to hire a part-time Chief of Police to lead several part-time officers and several auxiliary officers. The Town of Quantico is known to be one of the safest towns in America and is the only civilian town located within a military base. The Chief will report directly to the Mayor of Quantico. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and an effective communicator.
The duties of the Chief of Police include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Manage the operations of the QPD
2) Supervise and lead all officers
3) Set and supervise QPD enforcement priorities
4) Create and monitor the monthly work schedule
5) Submit monthly IBR reports
6) Monitor officer’s Shift Report emails
7) Interact with DCJS
8) Interact with the police academy
9) Interact with PWCPD and other police agencies including VSP
10) Maintain accountabilities for all QPD service weapons
11) Maintain accountabilities for all QPD property
12) Monitor Chief of Police email account
13) Receive and respond to citizen questions/complaints
14) Provide monthly reports to town council
1) Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or University.
2) Experience in community policing
3) Must be a citizen of the United States
4) Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation, credit check, drivers check.
5) Must be able to perform essential job functions
6) Must be of good character and reputation
7) Must never have committed, been involved in, or been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor
Certification and Licenses required
1) Driver’s License (required)
2) Firearms proficiency – required upon appointment and recertified annually
3) Law enforcement officer VA Department of Criminal Justice (DCJS) – required upon appointment and recertify every 2 years.
4) CPR, First Aid, AED and Taser certified required upon appointment and recertified every 24 months.
Send resume to Mayor Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading titled “Application for Chief of Police April 2021”. The application process will close on April 30, 2021 at 1700 EST.