Coordinator - Law Enforcement Basic School
5 years Criminal Justice Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field
Certified DCJS General Instructor
1 year experience in training or instruction
2 years Criminal Justice Mid-Level Supervisor
Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field
Multiple DCJS Instructorships
Lead Instructor for Basic Training Program
General Description of Duties:
Coordinate, and instruct as required, all aspects of the program to which assigned.
Major Job Functions:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Schedule, plan, and instruct (as required) individual classes in accordance with Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and Academy guidelines and schedule, introduce, and evaluate, assistant and guest instructors.
- Ensure that program materials are archived for each class.
- Prepare or collect, review, revise, and maintain lesson plan files in accordance with DCJS and Academy guidelines.
- Prepare, administer, evaluate, review, and record results of written and performance quizzes and tests.
- Set up and maintain classrooms/ranges.
- Brief classes, maintain records of student attendance, and reproduce or create handouts and training aids.
- Provide student performance counseling as needed and ensure student safety and welfare at all times.
- Maintain professional, cordial relations with other staff members, students, visiting instructors, Sheriff’s, Chiefs, and other organizational heads.
- Assist or substitute for any other Academy staff member as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits: Location:
- Excellent communication skills and able to interact with a diverse staff and stakeholders
- Exceptional conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Able to succinctly express complex issues both orally and in writing
- Must be able to participate in physical training with recruit classes
- Able to be outside during inclement weather conditions
Pay Grade 9: Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy
$45,841 - $49,582 DOQ 3630 Lee Hill Drive
Benefits: Fredericksburg, VA 22408
VRS Life Insurance
Health Insurance (93% Employer Paid)
Vacation and Sick Leave
Extensive Optional Employee Paid Benefits
- Cover Letter
- 3 Professional References
Send application package care of Candi Stewart,
- e-mail preferred (email@example.com).
- Drop off during business hours
- Mail to the address above
- Fax (540) 371-4404.
Incomplete applicant packages will not be considered.
All applicant packages must be received by the close date below.
Thursday July 1, 2021: Application Period Closed
Tuesday July 6, 2021: Qualified Applicants Contacted
Monday July 12, 2021: Tabletop Exercise and Panel Interview
Wednesday July 21, 2021: Finalist Director Interview
Monday August 16, 2021: Anticipated Start Date
*Successful applicant will be subject to a background check, medical and drug screening to determine eligibility*