Deputy Chief of Police
How to Apply www.winchesterva.gov Submit an application, resume and cover letter online (click the “Jobs” button at the top).
• Assists in developing the annual budget proposal and monitors resource expenditures.
• Develops Department contingency and critical incident plans and training for management consideration.• Assists in developing the annual budget proposal and monitors resource expenditures.
• Evaluates Department productivity to identify problematic procedures and programs, then develops feasible alternatives for consideration.
• Serves as the direct report to the Operations Captain, Administration Captain, and ECC Director.
• Finalizes administrative reviews and reports ensuring quality control and accountability.
• Coordinates and analyzes personnel and resources to produce the most conducive, established objectives.
• Reviews subordinate performance and development with the purpose of developing department careers and enhancing worker capabilities.
• Coordinates communication between staff and management operations.
• Establishes a partnership with the Chief of Police and serves in an acting
capacity in her absence.