The University of Virginia Police Department is currently recruiting applicants for the Police Academy, who want to serve the community and help keep the University and surrounding area safe.
As a Police Officer
at one of the nation’s top public universities, you will be serving in a vibrant community with a variety of culture, recreation and entertainment opportunities – suitable for families and young professionals.
UPD takes pride in being a leader in community-based, progressive approaches toward law enforcement. The department supports its officers and encourages them to introduce creative and innovative ways to promote public safety, engage the community and be a leader on grounds. UPD is committed to public safety based on the constitutional idea of justice where every person will be treated with dignity and fairness.
Starting Annual Salary: $53,000
UPD offers an $8,000 bonus upon completion of the certification process.
|University of Virginia Police Department
|$53,000 + $8k Bonus
|Posting Start Date:
- Citizen of the United States
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have skill to handle firearms and operate a motor vehicle safely.
- A valid Virginia driver’s license with a positive points balance is required, if applicants are from out of state the ability to get a Virginia license by the start date of the position is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate responsive, approachable, and courteous engagement with the community.
- The ability to maintain a calm, balanced perspective, and successfully complete duties in a stressful situation is essential, as is the ability to analyze situations and use good judgment.
- Strong oral and written communications, including writing accurate reports, testifying in court, and interacting with a diverse community is required.
To learn more about the University of Virginia Police Department and our recruiting process please visit: https://uvapolice.virginia.edu/
The Selected Candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug screen prior to their first day of employment per University Policy. Selected candidates will be asked to complete a psych evaluation at time of offer.
Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0056692"
Complete an application online and attach:
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL requested documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0056692".
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, email@example.com
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
|This listing expires on: 7/15/2024