Watershed Property Manager
This full time law enforcement position manages the City-owned watershed property and is responsible for monitoring conditions along the rivers, and correcting conditions that will have adverse impact to the ecosystems associated with the river environments. This position will have law enforcement authority with respect to federal, state and local restrictions, regulations, ordinances and laws for these properties.
Watershed Property Manager
|Posting Start Date:
Interested applicants must submit a full resume with the City application by 11:59 p.m. March 1, 2024. Applications and additional information to include the full job description may be found on the City’s web page: www.fredericksburgva.gov/Employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or, five (5) years of experience developing and managing watershed or environmental protection programs; or equivalent education, and/or experience
- 21 years of age
- United States Citizen
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of work experience involving public contact
- No more than two moving violations within previous 24 months
- No record of convictions within previous 60 months for DUI, eluding, leaving the scene of an accident or vehicular manslaughter
- No record of 2nd or subsequent DUI
- No current or previous revocations of suspension of license within previous 60 months due to a moving violation
- Not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to a felony or any offense that would be a felony if committed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Not have been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to a Class 1 or 2 misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or any offense that would be any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, including but not limited to petit larceny under 18.2-96, or any offense involving moral turpitude that would be a misdemeanor if committed in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Not have been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to any misdemeanor sex offense in the Commonwealth of Virginia, another state, or the United States, including but not limited to sexual battery under 18.2-67.4 or consensual sexual intercourse with a minor 15 or older under clause (ii) of 18.2-371
- Not have been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to domestic assault under 18.2-57.2, or any offense that would be domestic assault under the laws of another state or the United States
- Undergo a background investigation including fingerprint-based criminal history records inquiries to both the CCRE and FBI
- Undergo a physical examination, subsequent to a conditional offer of employment
- Not have produced a positive result on a pre-employment drug screening
If you have further questions, please contact:
Sergeant Chris Menck
Email correspondence is preferred.
The City of Fredericksburg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
City of Fredericksburg Human Resources Department
715 Princess Anne Street, Room 209
P. O. Box 7447 Fredericksburg, VA 22404-7447
|This listing expires on: 3/7/2024