VACLEA College Scholarship
The "Virginia Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators" is an affiliate organization of the "Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police & Foundation, Inc.", an incorporated 501(c)3 nonprofit entity, and operates under the same EIN: 31-1502529.
- Awards of up to $1,000 will be made selected applicants.
- The recipient will be chosen based on need and merit.
- Each nominee may only receive one award.
- Priority will be given to a dependent of an employee of a Security or Police department of a VACLEA member institution.
- Priority will be given to applicants enrolled or accepted to a member institution of VACLEA.
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not received this scholarship in previous years.
- Applications may be obtained from the Director/Chief of the Security or Police Department of VACLEA member institutions.
To qualify for the VACLEA Scholarship the applicant must:
- Be enrolled or enrolling as a full-time student.
- Be a resident of Virginia.
- Have a cumulative GPA of
- 2.5 for those enrolled in college; or,
- 3.0 for graduating high school seniors.
- Be endorsed by the Director, Chief or co-signers of the member institution.
- Be in good standing with enrolled University.
Applicants must submit all of the following items, postmarked by May 1, 2019:
- 2019 VACLEA Scholarship application.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance to member institution.
- Official transcript from current educational institution.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the college or high school.
- Two references not related to the applicant.
- A letter indicating the reason for seeking the scholarship to include your goals, achievements and need (limit 2 pages typed double spaced).
Direct any questions to:
Ms. Dana G. Schrad, VACLEA Executive Director
The Virginia Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities, including education policies, admissions policies, scholarships, and other programs.